Spend your Spring Break with the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston from Monday, March 14 to Sunday, March 20, 2022.
This week, learn about Texas history with live demonstrations, bust a move with the fam, celebrate Taco Tuesday dragon-style, meet up with Maribel, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 12 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- Spring Break at Lone Star Flight Museum | Daily – Head to this flight museum near Ellington Field for a week-long aviation celebration, featuring daily activities and programming like free flight simulators, meeting aircraft mechanics, visiting the Planes of the Month, diving into World War II history, make-and-take craft activities, an up-close look at the artillery of Battleship Texas, and more. $18; $15 for ages 12 to 17 and 65+; $12 for ages 4 to 11; free for ages 3 and under. Times vary.
- Spring Break at Bayou Bend | Monday, March 14 to Friday, March 18 – The American Decorative Arts museum off Memorial Drive will host a week of family activities, including a petting zoo, puppet shows, a harp performance, and more chances to explore Texas snakes and wetlands wildlife. $10; free for ages 18 and under. 10am to 4pm.
- Spring Break: Incredible India at Asia Society Texas Center | Monday, March 14 to Friday, March 18 | FREE – Celebrate India at this week-long series of events that include craft activities like making your own Rangoli, decorating peacocks and elephants, and creating colorful paper flowers, along with scavenger hunts and story times that teach about iconic women in Indian mythology. Advance registration required. 11am to 2pm daily.
- Spring Break Art-Making at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | Monday, March 14 to Friday, March 18 | FREE – Swing through the Cullen Sculpture Garden (right next to MFAH’s Kinder Building) to take part in some hands-on activities where visitors can craft their own work of art by experimenting with materials, tools and processes. 11am to 2pm daily.
- DaCamera: Family Rhythm Workshops at Discovery Green | Monday, March 14 to Friday, March 18 | FREE – Join DaCamera and music educator Sam Dinkins as he leads family rhythm workshops for all ages during Spring Break, where you’ll get hands-on with instrument and drum circle playing exercises. 1pm.
- Spring Break Free Admission at Holocaust Museum Houston | Tuesday, March 15 | FREE – In celebration of HMH’s latest exhibition, Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the Museum District outpost dedicated to human rights will host a free admission day on the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s birthday. Early visitors can also munch on delicious birthday cupcakes, explore the exhibition, and enjoy arts and crafts. 10am to 5pm.
- Spring Break at George Ranch Historical Park | Tuesday, March 15 to Saturday, March 19 – Giddy up for a darn tootin’ good time during spring break at the Fort Bend historical park. Learn about Texas history with costumed interpreters, take historic home tours, get involved in hands-on activities, see historical demonstrations, and more. Some days will also feature special programming. $15; $10 for ages 4 to 12; free for ages 3 and under. 9am to 5pm.
- Main Street Theater for Youth presents Dragons Love Tacos at MATCH | Tuesday, March 15 to Saturday, March 19 – The New York Times bestseller from Adam Rubin comes to the stage to explore the taco-loving dragons and what happens when their salsa gets too spicy. Swing by on Taco Tuesday to enjoy an afternoon of tacos, hand painting, and craft activities ($25 per person; separate from performance admission. Noon to 1pm). $14 to $24. 1:30pm daily; an additional 10:30am performance on Saturday.
- Disney’s Encanto Movie Screening & Meet-and-Greet at Memorial City | Thursday, March 17 | FREE – Stop by the Square at Memorial City to meet Mirabel from Disney’s boffo hit Encanto, then stick around to see the beloved animated film. We don’t talk about earworms, no, no, no. 11am to 1pm.
- Peppa Pig’s Adventure! at Smart Financial Centre | Thursday, March 17 – Make a plan to see the beloved pigs in person when Peppa takes the stage in Sugar Land. The exciting camping trip features all of her best friends, including Pedro Pony, Suzy Sheep and Gerald Giraffe, in a performance filled with singing, dancing, games and prizes. $35 and up. 6pm.
- Giant Master Bubbles at CityPlace | Friday, March 18 | FREE – See bubbles elevated to an art form when the Texas Bubblers set up a Giant Master Bubble Wrangler Station at CityPlace in Spring. Watch as they create bubbles as large as 10 feet wide. RSVP required. 3pm.
- More Family-Friendly Spring Break Fun Around Greater Houston | All Week – If you’re in need of some family fun while the kids are out of school, we’ve got you covered with some of the best happenings from corner to corner of Greater Houston. Swing by museums, parks and more for family-friendly fun all week long during Spring Break, through Sunday, March 20.